We strive towards best practice in:
Housing First: Homeless people are moved as quickly as possible into long term housing with wrap-around support as a way of preventing ongoing homelessness.
Tenancy sustainment: U1R strives to sustain tenancies once people are housed. The primary purpose is to sustain housing outcomes through support and to strengthen connections to a neighbourhood so that people feel a sense of belonging.
A multi-agency response: Under 1 Roof’s multi-agency approach extends to a range of partners to deliver integrated and coordinated services geared to achieving sustained housing outcomes.
To watch a short documentary about the work of Under 1 Roof, click here
What we offer:
Across the Under 1 Roof Consortium, the following services and opportunities are available and may form part of an integrated support plan:
- Specialised case management
- Wrap-around multi agency support
- Supportive short term, transitional and long term housing options
- Information, assessment and referral
- Common assessment to identify housing and support needs
- Access to health and mental health services
- Safety and support to recover from trauma and abuse
- Street outreach and multiple access points
- Harm reduction information and advice
- Assistance to overcome substance dependency
- Access to food packages, low cost and free meals