Under 1 Roof works as one united and coordinated service system towards ending homelessness in Brisbane.
Under 1 Roof (U1R) is a consortium of homelessness, housing and community agencies Participation Page based in Brisbane’s inner city and offering a range of services city-wide.
Convened by the Rotary Club of Fortitude Valley, these agencies have been working together since 2006 to build a strong, community-focused consortium supported by local businesses to end homelessness in Brisbane.
Under 1 Roof’s aims are:
- To offer a range of housing and support options to homeless people
- To provide comprehensive and integrated support for households to maintain their tenancies and participate fully in the community
- To contribute to the supply of social and affordable housing dwellings to meet the needs of individuals and families
- To improve access to services for homeless people through multiple contact points and no wrong door
- To involve the whole community in ending homelessness.
- To create genuine partnerships with business and the broader community resulting in diverse involvement in the solutions to homelessness and a more cohesive community
- To measure successes and evaluate outcomes with a focus on continuous improvements to service delivery.